Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Oscars & Vanity Fair After-Party: Fashion!

Hey Ladies,

Today I'm going to cover my picks of Best and Worst for the Oscars as well as the Vanity Fair after-party. Personally, I was a little disappointed with the fashion at the Oscars and much preferred the after-party style. Maybe that's just me! Anyway leggo...

Starting backwards with the Vanity Fair party...
I am so in love with both Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus' looks. They look stunning. Katy elegant yet still stays true to her funky style. Miley looks breathtaking in an old Hollywood glamour kind of way.

 These two are little confusing to me. Well Gwen Stefani (right) is a straight of disaster. I know she has her own style but that doesn't make this a stylish! It's too old and medieval looking. Lily Collins however is looking a little too Alice in Wonderland for my liking. Not my preferred look. 

 These looks, I do love. First we have, the always gorgeous, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian. They both look stunning. Kourtney has the gorgeous pregnancy glow also! Vampire Diaries star, Nina Dobrev also look elegant in black. Love all the looks here. 

 Here we have Selena Gomez and Sofia Vergara. They both look amazing. They never seem to fail in the Fashion department. 

Onto the main event, the Oscars/Academy Awards!

 Here is Meryl Streep, who was a winner of the evening. Congrats Meryl! Fashion-wise I can't decide whether I like it or not. Let me know what you guys think! I'm on the same terms with Sandra Bullock's look. I'm not a huge fan of either but I think I prefer Meryl Streep's overall though Sandra's does look good in this photo.

How beautiful and regal does Gwyneth Paltrow look? I love it. Best dressed for sure.

 The infamous Angelina Jolie. Whatever about the dress but that ridiculous pose? I really don't understand it... One of the most talked about things of the night! I feel as if people will say it's amazing just because she's Angelina Jolie. Not really feeling it personally though.

 Bereneice Bejo who stars in The Artist is first up wearing Ellie Saab. Not really a fan personally. It's not awful but the styling is what ruins the look. Now the bootyliscious J-LO! This photo makes it look gorge but I really don't like it overall. Look up other pics and you might see what I mean!

 My final looks of the evening; Penelope Cruz and Octavia Spencer (star of The Help). They both look wonderful. Penelope is very fairytale but she looks stunning. Octavia's is perfect. Proof you don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful. She looks flawless and congratulations to her for winning Best Supporting Actress.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment below telling my your thoughts on the fashion of the evening.

xo
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. Great post, but just a point, Lily Collins didn't play Alice in Alice in Wonderland! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woopsie! Got confused with her role in Snow White. Thanks for pointing out :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x