Thursday 10 January 2013

My Obsessions: Nail Art!

Hey Everyone,


Recently, I have been loving nail art! I always admire people with nail art so I've been attempting my own DIY designs myself. Something that has really inspired me regarding nail art, is 'The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art'. WAH is a nail art studio in London and the owner, Sharmadean Reid, has released a book filled with amazing tutorials on how to recreate some gorgeous nail designs yourself!


The book is filled with step-by-step guides explaining exactly how to recreate the looks as well as tons of photos of some awesome nail art. The book even comes with a page of super cute stickers! What's not to love? 


If your planning on being creative and trying some nail art for yourself, the main things you'll need are: nail polish (duh!), nail art pens/tip painter, nail file and some studs and rhinestones (optional). 
Pictured, I have a few of my favourite nail accessories/tools. I am obsessed with my adorable Eiffel Tower nail file from Forever 21! The rhinestone wheel is from Topshop and the nail art tip painter is from Penneys/Primark. It is perfect for creating intricate designs on your nails and are affordable too, at around €2 a pop! The Models Own nail art pens are also great (supposedly, I've never actually tried them!). 


If you're a fellow polish-aholic like me, I would definitely recommend getting this book or even checking out websites/blogs such as http://www.thenailasaurus.com. Make sure to look out for my upcoming NOTD posts, as I'll be featuring some of my DIY nail art jobs! 

WAH nail art book available from Urban Outfitters for €13.00 


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog and I am so glad I did!
    Your blog is so amazing and I love this post! These are such amazing photos and i cannot wait to read your next post
    I just followed your blog and would appreciate if you could do the same back!
    have a great day!

    The Green Raybans
    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com
    Twitter: Green_Raybans98
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Raybans/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you lovely! I will definitely check out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Hey there, love your blog.
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check my blog out for info- alicemaydear.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) aw thank you so much but I've actually already been nominated for this award. Very much appreciate it though! xx

      Delete
  3. I want this booook xx

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Definitely recommend it...xx

      Delete
  4. I love nail art a rediculous amount! This book seems to have great ideas!

    http://annettibus.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x