Friday 17 May 2013

Would You Rather? Beauty Edition


If you're a YouTube fanatic like me, you'll have heard of the "Would You Rather" beauty tag. It's been going around for quite a while now but I've recently seen it creep back up into the blogosphere. I love tags, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Image: weheartit and edited by me


1. Would you rather lose all your mascaras, eye liners, lipsticks and lip glosses or all your palettes and eye shadows?

I would definitely rather lose all my palettes and eye shadows. As much as I love my Naked palettes and experimenting with eye shadow, I don't wear it all that much. However, I don't think I could live without my mascaras and lip products!

2. Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?

I love my long hair but I don't think I could last never cutting it again- I mean imagine all those split ends? I'd have to chop it all off and maybe wear hair extensions, or go for a daring Miley Cyrus look? Not quite sure I could pull that one off though.

3. Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?

Coral is one of my favourite colours for cheeks and lips, especially for Summer time so I think I'd have to go with that. Also I couldn't leave behind my beloved TropiCoral kit from Benefit now could I?

4. If you had €1000 to spend, would you rather buy makeup or clothes?

100% I would spend it on clothes. As much as I love makeup, I'm always looking at new clothing pieces. Clothing lasts a much longer than makeup products too, so it would make a lot more sense to spend it on clothes. Ah, if only.

5. Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?

I would much rather apply eyeliner as lipstick. Pink eye isn't really a look I'm going for, so I wouldn't even like to imagine what applying lipstick as eyeliner would be like. Eyeliner also comes in a much broader range of shades, so I'm sure I could find something that wouldn't look too bad on the lips- a nice plum maybe?

6. Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of having a Sephora near me, and by near me I mean there is not one in my country! However, if I did, I would definitely choose to shop there. MAC is a great makeup brand but it's quite pricey and I would much rather have the choice of many brands than of only one.

7. Would you rather only use one eye shadow or one lip colour for the rest of your life?

This one is a little tricky but I think I'd go for one eye shadow. This is because I am much more into lip colours than eye colours, and I don't wear eye shadow very often anyway. I'd probably choose a neutral colour with a bit of sparkle, to go with everything.

8. Would you rather wear Winter clothes in Summer or Summer clothes in Winter?


If I lived in a place that actually got hot Summers, I would choose the latter. However, because I live in Ireland where it rarely gets any way warm, I would have to say wear Winter clothes in Summer mostly because I often have to. I do much prefer wearing Summer clothes though.

9. Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?

I'd have to go with bright nails. They're more fun and happy looking!

10. Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?

My favourite eye product because I have a lot more favourite lip products than eye products. Simple as.

11. Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?

Ponytail. Simply because I mostly wear my hair in a ponytail anyway. Also it can be styled lots of different ways- low, mid, high, straight, sleek, curly, wavy etc..

12. Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?


This is a tough one. As much as I love lipgloss, I'd have to say I'd rather never use it again. I love nail polish and nail art way too much! I can still wear lip balm and lip stick so I'm sure I'd survive!

13. Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?

I think it's pretty obvious that I'd prefer to sharpie them in everyday. Obviously, neither option is a good look but I'd rather have some sort of eyebrows than none at all.

14. Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?


As I've previously stated, I love nail polish. However, I love makeup a little more and makeup is much more of a necessity than nail polish.


Let me know what you'd choose in the comments, or let me know if you've done this tag yourself! 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read!! I will defs think about doing this!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your would you rather beauty edition! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x