Monday 30 September 2013

Just Do it


I know it can be annoying to see fitness and exercise plastered everywhere but sorry guys, I'm joining in. The thing is, fitness is actually really, really important. I'm not saying you need to become a mega gym bunny but getting your heart racing every now and then doesn't do any harm- your future self will thank you! Also guess what? Exercise doesn't have to be boring. I'm going to give you a few fun way to get fit. Their easy and also don't cost a fortune!



  • Zumba
Zumba is a Latin dance type of exercise. If you have two left feet, don't be disheartened! Zumba doesn't require any previous dance experience and it is super easy to follow. It's honestly so much fun! Extra bonus- it burns a ton of calories (about 500 per hour). If typical workouts bore you, I would definitely recommend attending a Zumba class. There available everywhere and a quick google search will let you know of your closest Zumba class.

  • Hike/Cycle with your friends!
I'm not gonna lie- I'm not really into hikes. However if you're in the right place with the right people, they can actually be pretty fun. Hiking in a beautiful area, makes you feel like you're not even exercising. Soak up your surroundings and it can become an experience! The same goes for a cycle. I prefer cycles because you can cover a lot more space very quickly in comparison to walking. 
To check out some trails see www.irishtrails.ie

  • Wii Games
If you prefer to exercise from the comfort of your own home, then why not invest in some Wii games. There are so many games specifically designed for workouts. My personal favourite is Just Dance. It's super fun and doesn't even feel like your exercising. If boxing is more your thing try Punch-Out! Another great game is Active Life: Outdoor Challenge. You don't even have to leave your house so you have no excuse!



These are a few of my recommendations but my best advice is to do something you love! Joining a sports team is great if you love a particular sport, and it will also motivate you to go to your training sessions. I can promise you one thing- you will never regret doing a workout. You'll feel great and in turn, you'll look great!

Let me know your favourite ways to workout below!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Great blog! I will definitely visit it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I hope to see you in my blog sometimes. thanks!
    following you now!
    Kisses from VV!!

    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never though bout Wii games but I've just finished some Wii tennis and it is quite tiring! I have recently found you blog and I'm glad that I did. I'm your newest follower and really look forward to more posts from you. If you like, please check out my blog as well at www.ourlondonwardrobe.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the Wii for training is a really good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something you wouldn't always think of :) thanks Ulrikke x

      Delete
  5. Definitely agree with you and you have some really good cheap ideas. Glad i stumbled accross your blog

    New followers

    We have a giveaway on our blog of Mac, Benefit and Urban Decay if you want to join

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x