Tuesday 17 September 2013

Nars Laguna Bronzer | Review & Swatch + Bronzer Recommendations and Tips (#TheSoProject)

Phew, these past few weeks have been pretty manic in my world and I don't see things slowing down anytime soon. Unfortunately, due to that blogging has been taking a bit of a back seat. I am making my best efforts, but I do wish I could post more often. At the moment- twice a week is about the maximum I can manage. Anyway, today I am bringing you a review of my current favourite bronzer which is none other than the infamous Laguna bronzer by Nars (€33.83). This is also my fourth instalment of the The Starting Off Project (click here to find out more).



This bronzer comes neatly packaged in a sleek, matte, black compact. It is the typical, non-exciting Nars packaging here. I think it looks classy and expensive but by golly do these get grubby looking quickly. It is near impossible to not have your fingerprints all over this due to the finish of the packaging. There is a great sized mirror housed inside the compact, which makes it perfect for on the go application

Finish wise, this is an almost-matte (there is a teeny tiny bit of shimmer that isn't noticeable on but is faint in pan) brown that should suit most light-medium skin tones. It is not very dark so if you are on the darker side of the skin tone spectrum, this may not show up on you very well. It is very easy to build up and is a perfect contour and all-round bronzer. It's very natural looking which I love and lasts the entire day.



Overall I love this bronzer and it has become apart of my daily makeup routine during the past few weeks. I finally know what all of the fuss is about! However, if Nars is a bit out of your budget there are plenty of other great bronzers on the market. 'Bourjois Delice de Poudre' (€8.99) is a great highstreet alternative. It also smells faintly of chocolate which is always a bonus in my books! Another favourite of mine is Hoola by Benefit (€34). Definitely not exactly pocket friendly but it's a great one to try if you're on the hunt for a new bronzer. 

The Bronzing Basics

If you're new to the bronzing world, here are a few tips to get you on your way. If you're like me, you'll never look back!

  • Bronzer can be used for a number of reasons. The most obvious reason would be to bronze your face, and make you look more tanned. Another major reason is to contour your face. This means that you would use the product to accentuate certain features or hide others. The best place to use bronzer is under your cheekbones. Make a fishy face and apply product from the edge of your face until you reach the outside of your eye in a downwards motion. You can also apply the product along your temples and down the sides of your nose (this creates the illusion of a smaller nose). 
  • Make sure to blend! Nobody wants a VCL (that's visible contour line, don't you know!). Harsh lines are a no no.
  • Don't apply bronzer onto your inner cheeks, this will just make your makeup look patchy and muddy. Never a desired look.
  • Use a contour brush to apply bronzer. This makes contouring a lot easier than using a big powder brush.
  • If you're afraid of using bronzer- don't be! It's the perfect product to create a natural, sun-kissed look and really helps highlight your best features.


They're my tips and recommendations for bronzers. I hope you enjoyed this and let me know of any tricks or product recommendations in the comments! 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing this bronzer at Sephora, Now I really want to get it! Great post <3
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely! Thanks for stopping by...x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x