Sunday 20 October 2013

Review + Swatches | Riri ♥s MAC Blusher Duo in 'Hibiscus Kiss'


Good evening lovelies! I hope you're all doing well. If any of you are fans of MAC and/or Rihanna, then you'll most likely have heard of her latest collection for the brand. I was highly anticipating its release as the product images were absolutely gorgeous!


I'm not going to lie, a big reason I bought this was because of the packaging. How is it possible to walk away from pink, shiny makeup? It simply isn't! The shininess of the product does however make it very difficult to photograph. This photo isn't entirely accurate as it comes across quite orange looking in the photo. I cannot fault this packaging, except for the fact it's plastic, I would sort of like for it to be something more sturdy. However, it gets 10/10 for prettiness. This blush comes in a compact included with a mirror, perfect for on the go application.



The product inside is also gorgeous. It is a bronzer/blush duo which is why I'm confused as to why it is called a blusher only as there is more bronzer than blush in the product. Rihanna's signature is also embossed in the product which adds to the classiness of the product.

The product isn't particularly pigmented which is a bit disappointing. However, the bronzer is perfect for paler skinned ladies and can be built up if you're naturally tanner. If you have a deep complexion though I don't think this product is worth purchasing.



Overall, this is a lovely pretty product that is great to have purely to showcase on your vanity. Is it the best bronzer/blusher in the world? Nope, so don't feel as if you're hugely missing out without owning it. There are plenty better bronzers available on the market. However, it is still a nice product that I will continue to use and is worth purchasing if you fancy something for the collection.


RiRi for MAC Fall Collection is available in Brown Thomas stores and online. Hurry though as it is limited edition! - link


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x